1. 9/10/2018, INAUGURATION OF ECONOMICA ,THE ASSOCIATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS BY DR.CHACKO JOSE P,HEAD AND ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS , SACRED HEART COLLEGE CHALAKUDY.
2. An Extension Lecture on Carrier Possibilities of studying Economics for the students of the department of Economics - delivered by DR.CHACKO JOSE P the leading economist and a faculty of Academic Staff College ,University of Calicut.
3. 11/10/2018 , EXPO 2K18 SAHAPADIKKORU KAITHANGU - An Earning By Doing File Making Programme in Connection with Flood Relief Initiative Conducted by Department Of Economics .
4. 24/10/2018 One Day Training Workshop On Quantitative Techniques And Data Analysis In Social science Using IBM SPSS By Department of Economics for Faculty members, Research scholars and post graduate students on 24th October 2018. The Resource Person for the Workshop was Professor. Jins Varkey, Postgraduate Department of Economics, St. Aloysius College, Elthuruth. FaCulty members and Research Scholars from various institutions and more than 100 students from other colleges were the main participants and they made advantageous from the occasion.
5. WORLD POPULATION DAY 2018 - interdepartmental POWER POINT PRESENTATION COMPETITION.
6. WORLD POPULATION DAY 2018 -Flash mob – July
7. E-POSTER COMPETITION
1. World population day 2017- Exihibition
2. Association inauguration "Economica"- November 2017 by Prof. Julie P Lazer HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT, St. Mary's college thrissur
- Economics Association 2016-17 was inaugurated by Thomas Mathew (Assst. Professor, P M Govt. College Chalakudy) on 7th September 2016
- Newly Elected Economics Association Secretary 2016-17: Roshni Mullath (IIIrd DC Economics)
- III BA Economics Tour to Delhi and Agra from 20th September to 27th September 2016
- II PG Tour to Dream World and Thumboormozhi on 14th October 2016
1. Riya Rajan III DC Economics (Vice Chairperson) and Sneha K S III DC Economics(General Captain) has elected to college union 2016-17
2 Dry Flower Bouquet making competition-2nd prize- II DC Economics
- Department of Economics has won First prize for vegetable gardening
- For Arts Festival : Best actress -Athira Shankaran( III BA Economics), Best Actor –Riya Rajan ( III BA Economics)
- Jinnu Maria Anto (Faculty) presented and published paper for National Seminar held at Dr.NGP Arts & Science College Coimbatore sponsored by ICSSR on 16th September 2016 on the topic “Women Entrepreneurs: A Comparison of South Indian States”
Economica the association of economics department initiated its activities of the academic year with the environment day on 5th June 2015 by distributing and planting of sapplings at Kottappady ward 33. On 26th June as part of Anti-Narcotics day our students along with the NSS unit of L.F College participated in the Anti Alcoholic campaign at Adupputty .we distributed palmlets & conducted survey.We elected our association secretary Nimisha , III DC Economics by conducting election in democratic way on 13th August 2015. An orientation class was oraganised for IDC Economics on September 8th.
UGC sponsored National Seminar was conducted by the department on 18th & 19th of August 2015 on the topic “Turning India’s Demographic Challenge to Youth Dividend ” , Dr. Irudaya Rajan , Professor CDS Trivandrum inaugurated the seminar. Onam was celebrated and students arranged onasadhya by bringing dishes prepared at home. The Association was formally inaugurated on 6/11/2015 by Dr.Shyjan . D, Professor, John Mathai Center , Arnattukara, he also delivered a talk on National Income Accounting. As partof Swatch Bharath Mission, students cleaned the locality of the campus.Conducted essay writing completion on the topic “ Relevance of Ambedhker’s idea in the present world”
A debate was oragised on the topic “ Make in India Project”, Nimisha our association secretary was the moderator , Saranya of IIIDC Economics bagged the best debater award .Christmas & new year was Celebrated. M-PTA in association with dept of Mathematics : mother’s PTA for all UG and PG studentsof our department- a Talk by Sr.Grace Thomas , Counselor , St. Mary’s College was organized on this occasion.
STARS OF THE DEPARTMENT
Inter-collegiate competition – Ball Badminton –III Prize
- Vismaya Shaju C
- Rajisha V K
- Nima C R
- Sneha K S
- Anjana P M
Rajisha , II DC Economics
- University player-– Ball badminton.
- Thrissur dist team member – junior- I Prize
D-Zone Winners – 2015-16
Margamkali – First Prize
- Neenu James- III DC Economics
- Megha Maria – I DC Economics
Sanskrit Drama – Third Prize
- Anjali K C – II DC Economics
- Silpa Sivan – II DC Economics
Thiruvathira – Third Prize
- Athira T S – I DC Economics