Little Flower College started in the year 1955 under Madras University with an Intermediate Two year course. Mathematics department started in the year 1956 by the introduction of Pre University under Kerala University Rev.Sr.Jane Francis was the first Mathematics faculty member. In March 1957 the college was raised to a first grade one and three year B.Sc Mathematics started with statistics as one of the subsidiary subjects. In the beginning the number of seats was thirty. In course of time the number has been raised to sixty.Rev.Sr Jane Francis was the first head of the department .In 1998 the P.G course started as a self financing course and it was regularized in the year 2010 by Govt.of Kerala. Our department is blessed with eminent faculty, hardworking students who produce remarkable results in the university examinations. Almost all of our students are employed in different areas. In 2007,we celebrated Golden Jubilee of our department with various programmes.We keep a good company with our old students.An old students Association for Mathematics(OSAM) is formed in connection with the Jubilee celebration. Most of thern we arrange National Seminar, Intercollegiate Quiz, and Exhibition etc .Our students find time to extend their service to poor people in the locality.
To introduce Mathematics to the society as an expression of the human mind, which reflects the active will, contemplative reason and develops the desire for aesthetic perfection
To introduce Mathematics discipline for casting citizens responsible to the society
To realize the mathematical beauty of the nature and transit it to the coming generations
Reach unto the highest
Curriculum feedback collected every year from students
Methods of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
- Detailed notes of all sections discussed in the class
- More attention is given to answering problem of each section
- Frequent class tests, monthly and termly tests & model exam.
- Lectures by resource persons
- Seminars by students
- Encourage students to raise doubts in the class room.
Best Practice in Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
- Short bridge Programmes for B.A Economics students to create a mathematical mind set up
- Weekly class tests for all U.G students
- Group discussions are arranged in the class
- Quiz competitions on mathematics are conducted.
- A Department Library for quick reference with good collection of more than 300 books
- A collection of university question papers for the last 15 years
- Computer with laser
- Smart Classroom
- Laptop,LCD & Screen
- Internet Facilities.