No Plants No Life
The creator breaths life through plants,hence preserve,re-serve consume and consider wisely.
Enable the students to live in harmony with nature and treasure it for the future by imparting, knowledge of mutual dependance of human beings and nature
(Harmonious mutuality and perpetuation of nature)
Infrastructure And Learning Resources
- Staff room
- M.Sc. Class rooms
- B.Sc. Botany Main Laboratory-Lab-I
- B.Sc. Botany Subsidiary Laboratory-Lab-II
- M.Sc. Laboratory
- Botanical Garden
- Eco park
- Green House
- Smart Class for U.G
- Tissue Culture Lab
- Medicinal garden
- Vermicompost Unit
Reference Section As a Learning Resources
The Department Library is endowed with around 300 books under various informative sections : Algae, Fungi, Lichens, Bryophyta, Pteridophyta, Gymnosperms, Anatomy, Embryology, Microtechnique, Palynology, Physiology, Ecology, Computer Applications, Biotechnology, Taxonomy, Economic Botany, Morphology, Genetics, Biometrics, Evolution, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Pathology, Microbiology, Paleobotany, Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Biochemistry
An international journal – Rheedea- The journal of Indian Association for Angiosperm taxonomy is being subscribed with two issues per year.
- Previous issues of National Journals – Srishti, Seithigal, Agrobios, Karshakasree, Journal of Marine Biological Association of India, Journal of Kerala Academy of Biology, Journal of Higher Education, International Journal – Understanding science; Newsletter- Seshaiyana are there in the library.
- The Audio-visual and Digital Library of the Department Iis stored with a collection of CD'sCassettes and Film rolls of various interesting scientific phenomenon.
Recently published books and latest editions published by experienced and eminent personalities are updated yearly.
A space for reading and research is facilitated for the staff and students in the Department for productive learning experience.
ICT As a Learning Resources
- Our college has an internet facility and faculties as well as students are allowed to browse the net.
- ICT enabled learning materials are prepared by teachers and made available for the students for better quality management.