Seminars and extension lectures
Research forum, Reading forum, Creative Writers forum, Women`s forum,
FineArts forum and Debating Society
Orientation Programmes for Teachers
Extra Curricular activities:
Inter dept public speaking competition and group discussion for Rotary Club Rolling Trophy
Public speaking competition for English students
Spoken English Course
English Literature Quiz
Word Power Quiz
Produced a short film ‘Snehapookkal’ written, acted, directed and edited by the dept of Funtional English and a Documentary ‘Madhuramee Bali’
FACULTY RESEARCH PROGRAMMES 2013-2014
MAJOR AND MINOR RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Dr.Thressiamma Dominic. A is working on a Major Project entitled " Effecctive Communicators to the World Leaders; an Indepth Study of the Communicative Levels of the College Students of Kerala with Suggestions to Improve the Situation"
COURSES AND SEMINARS
- Smt. Prasanthi .P Presented a paper entitled "Sonali Deraniyagala's Wave through the Lens of Existentialism", conducted by Dept. of English, St.Thomas College, Kozhenchery
- Smt.Prasanthi. P presented a paper entitled "The Kaleidoscopic view of N. Prabhakaran's Pulijanmam", conducted by Dept. of Malayalam, Little Flower College, Guruvayur
- Smt. Sameena Thomas presented a paper entitled "Plethora of Hyper-textual Technicalities: an Analysis of Merrily Weisbord's Love Queen of Malabar", conducted by Dept. of English, Vimala College, Thrissur.
- Smt. Sameena Thomas presented a paper entitled "Constricting Myth to Epiphany: a Socio-cultural Expedition through the Movies Amen and Nandanam", conducted by Dept. of Malayalam, Little Flower College, Guruvayur
- Smt. Sameena Thomas presented a paper entitled " Art, Nature and Woman: A Reflection of Thiruvathirakali through an Eco-sensitive and Ethinic Prism", conducted by Dept. of English, Amrita College of Arts and Science, Kochi.
- The Literary Association was inaugurated on 2/01/2014 by Dr. Babu P.K, Associate Professor, Dept. of English, Unity Women's College , Manjeri. The inauguration was followed by a Seminar on ''Communication Skills for the Future''.
- Kavya P.G and Farsana were elected as the secretaries of Literary Association.
- Inter Departmental quiz on ''Literature and Contemporary Issue'' was held on 17/11/2013.
- Competition on Public Speaking was held on 16/12/2013.
Dept of English and Functional English organized III International Film Fest and National Seminar Colours on 13 th & 14th December 2017
Dept of Dept of English, Functional English in Collaboration with Green Books organized National Seminar Traversing Gender Identity on 12th Februaury 2018
Dept of English, Functional English and Multimedia organized IV International Film Fest & two day National Seminar Lives Unmapped: Representations of the Refugee on 26th and 27th July 2018
Dept of English, Functional English and Zoology organized International Seminar Horizon of Hope:Can Survive on 27th June 2018
Dept of English organized one day workshop On and Of Theory on 5th November 2018 by Dr. Priya k Nair
Dept of English organized one day workshop Eunoia on 22nd June 2018
Dept of English and Functional English conducted Chakka Fest & Ornament making competition on 5th June 2018
Dept of English and Functional English arranged Reading Corner on 19th June 2018
Dept of English and Functional English conducted Puppetry Workshop by Ms. Salaba on 18th December 2018
Dept of Functional English arranged Aswamedham on 28th June 2018 by G.S. Pradeep
Dept of Functional English Coordinated
- Photography competition Reminiscence on 13th August 2018
- Quiz competition Literary Wizard on 28 November 2018
- Logo making Competition based on Audio Visual Heritage on 7th December 2018
- Film Screening on Classical movies on 12 th December 2018
- Industrial Visit to Mathrubhumi
Participated in Eco-friendly Christmas Crib making competition 2018
Participated in Debate, Drawing, Elocution and Recitation compeition organized by St. Aloysius College, Elthuruth, Thrissur
COURSES AND SEMINARS 2018-2019
- Ms. Sherin Kuriakose Presented and published a paper titled " Beyond the onscreen role , a role for life: An Analysis of the Experience and Survival of Manisha Koirala" ,Horizon of Hope: Can Survive(International Seminar ,Dept of English, Functional English and Zoology, Little Flower College, Guruvayoor.
- Ms. Rasmi Prahladan Presented and Published a paper titled "Hope from the Debris of Hopelessness: a Glance at "The Impossible" in the National Seminar organized by Dept of English, Functional English and Multimedia(2018)
- Ms. Rasmi Prahladan Presented and Published a paper titled " Redefining the Traumatic Enigma of Self: a Glimpse of Manichithrathazhu" in the International Seminar organized by Dept of English, Functional English and Zoology (2018)
- Ms. Parvathy C.S. Presented and published paper titled, "CARPE DIEM AS A LIFE FORCE: EXPLORING THE FAULT IN OUR STARS: in theone day International Seminar - HORIZON OF HOPE, CAN SURVIVE conducted by the DDepartment of English , Functional English and Zoology of Little Flower College, Guruvayoor and Glendale Community, Glendale, Arizona on 27 June 2018
- Ms. Parvathy C.S. Presented and published a paper titled," 'DIARY' AS A BEST FRIEND AND THERAPIST FOR A REFUGEE: ANALYSIS OF, THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL" in the National Seminar and Fourth International Film Fest - "LIVES UNMAPPED : REPRESENTATIONS OF THE REFUGEE", conducted by the Departments of English, Functional English and Multimedia of Little Flower College, Guruvayoor on July 2018
- Ms. Nair Anushri Rajasekharan presented a paper titled "Hawkings and ALS: the Placebo effect of a Hopeful Psyche" in the National Seminar organized by Dept of English, Functional amd Multimedia, Little Flower College Guruvayoor.
- Ms. Nair Anushri RajasekharanPresented a paper titled "The Jews and the Nazi Occupancy: Exploring Holocaust Trauma and the Involuntary Refugee Life in Elie Wiesel's Night" in the International Seminar organized by the Dept of English, Functional English and Zoology, Little Flower College, Guruvayoor.
- Ms. Nair Anushri Rajasekharanpresented a paper titled "Revisiting Shakespeare's Othello: A Brief Exploration of Iago as a Post-colonial Stalwart" in National Seminar(Post-Truth: Contemporary Fiction and Associated Paradigms)conducted at Sri. C. Achuthamenon Govt. College, Thrissur.
- Ms. Nair Anushri Rajasekharanpresented a paper titled "The Holocaustr and Auschwitz: Jews as a Blazing Testimony of Subalternity in Primo Levi's If This is a Man.