Interdepartmental competitions like public speaking, literature quiz, reading competitions and debates are conducted every year by the department. Faculty members continuously take part and make presentations in various national and international seminars and competitions. Most of them also have publications in reputed peer reviewed/referred national and international journals. At present, 5 of the faculty are working on major and minor projects funded by the UG C XIIth plan
- Association inauguration was held on 20/9/2010 by Mr. Ravikrishnan Associate prof of English, Sri Kerala Varma College.
- Interdepartmental competitions for the Rolling trophy of Thrissur Rotary club was held and both 1st and 2nd positions were bagged by the department
- A literary quiz was conducted
- word power competition
- Three day International seminar on film" Flashes tp frames, exploring the dialectics of films" was held on 14, 15 & 16 January 2011
- Degree students were taken for a study tour to Kodaikanal
- The English Association was inaugurated by Prof. Shanmugadas on 11/11/2011
- Competition on public speaking and a departmental quiz were held
Seminars and Paper presentations
- Reely Raphael presented a paper " From oppression to resistance- the shifting paradigms in Dalit Literature."
- Dr. Kamala K has her work Language and Linguistics accepted as textbook for V semester B A English of Callicut University
- Gamaya K P of VI sem presented a paper " Environmental Issues and their Remedies" At a summit conducted by" Kerala Environment."
Awards and Recognitions
- Vijayalakshmi C S of I sem BA won the first position in a number of competitions held at the Keralolsavam programme organised by the Govt. of Kerala
- Theresa J Heloise of IV sem PG won second place in the All India Essay Writing competition organized by Sri Ramchandra Mission and United Nations information centre for India and Bhutan
- Vidya P G of II sem won third place in the District level quiz competition on 30/9/2011
- The English Literary Association was inaugurated by Dr. Anto Thomas C on 23/1/2013
- Manuscript prepared by III year UG students were launched at the inaugural session.
- Kala Krishnan and Aswathy were elected as Secretaries of the Department association
- Interdepartmental quiz competition and public speaking were conducted under the auspicious of the Department Association
- Best Readers Contest was held on 22nd January 2013.
- A research forum was inaugurated to help students come up with research papers.
Seminars and Paper presentations
Reely Raphael presented papers
- "Rereading of Thenali Raman Folk Tales" at the National seminar hosted by the Malayalam Dept. of Little Flower College on 29th and 30th November 2012.
- " From an expatriate to an immigrant: The Indian diaspora in Bharathi Mukherjee's Jasmine at the National Seminar at Aloysius College Elthuruth on 22nd and 23rd February 2013.
- " The process of transcreation: From gendered subalterns to the empowered selves." at the Golden Jubilee celebration of Victoria College Palakkad on 4th January 2013
Smt Julie Dominic presented a paper at the International Seminar hosted by St. Aloysius College Elunthurth on 18th and 19th October 1012.
Smt. Esther Mani presented a paper titled "The Ecocritical Reading of Chemeen"
Smt Esther Mani attended the Orientation Programme at John Mathai's Centre from 16th Jan 2013 to 13th February 2013
Awards and Recognitions
- Anu P Abraham of I BA won the 2nd prize in the essay writing competition held by All India Senior Citizens Organisation on 3/11/1012
- Anaswara V and Hiba N K bagged the 1st and 2nd prizes in the reading competition.
- Kavya PG of I U G bagged 1st place in the College level short story writing competition
- Anu Abraham won first place in the English Essay Writing Competition held by All India Bank Employees Federation 2013
Faculty Research Programmes 2013-14
Major and Minor Projects
- Dr. Thressiamma Dominic is working on a major project entitled " Effective Communicators to the World Leaders: An In-depth Study of the Communicative Levels of the College Students of Kerala with Suggestions to Improve the Situation."
- Smt. Julie Dominic A is working on a minor project entitled " Ecological pertinence on the psychosocial contour of young learners: transcending rural and urban domain.
- Smt. Reely Raphael has a minor project on"The representation of Women in social and Ethnic Relationship in the context of Globalisation."
- Smt. Esther Mani works on " Socio-cultural changes through women empowerment: a rural scenario."
- Smt. Silpa Anand works on a minor project " Confronting Cultural Erasure: Reinstating the Lost into the Psyche of Kerala."
Courses and Seminars
- Smt Reely Raphael and Smt. Julie Dominic participated in the orientation course conducted by the University of Calicut from 27/11/2013 to
- Dr. Kamala K felicitated the National Seminar on "Folk Elements in Malayalam Language and Culture" conducted by the Dept. of Malayalam. She also chaired a session in the same seminar.
- Dr. Kamala K presented a paper on "Semiotics in Translation" and chaired a session in a seminar on translation held by the Govt. College, Chalakudy on 31/12/2013 and 1/1/2014.
- Smt. Prasanthi P presented a paper on "Sonali Deraniyagala's Wave through the lengths of Existentialism." held by the Dept. of English, St. Thomas College, Kozenchery
- Smt. Prasanthi P made a presentation on " The Kaleidoscopic View of N. Prabakaran's Pulijanmam." held at the college by the Dept. of Malayalam on 24/1/2014
- Smt. Prasanthi P presented a paper on " Oral Tradition in A K Ramanujan's Folklore" in a national seminar held by the Dept. of Malayalam
- Smt. Julie Dominic attended the International Seminar held by Vimala College, Thrissur on 9th and 10th January 2014.
- Smt. Julie Dominic presented a paper " Demythification of Virulent Archytype "NAGA" stimulating the construction of pronounced womanhood in the film "Anandabhadram"
- Smt. Reely Raphael presented a paper entitled " Humour and Children's World: The Unrestrainable Laughter in Dany Devito's film Matilda" at the International Conference organised by Litcritt Trivandrum on 6, 7 and 8th December 2013.
- The Literary Association was inaugurated on 2/01/2014 by Dr. Babu P K, Associate Professor of English, Unity Women's College, Manjery. The inauguration was followed by a seminar on " Communication Skills for the Future."
- Kavys P G and Farsana were elected as the secretaries of literary association.
- Interdepartmental quiz on "Literature and Contemporary Issues" was held on 17/ 11/2013
- Competition on public speaking was held on 16/12/1013
Awards and Recognitions
- Anu P Abrahham of BA English got her poem "Kanalvelicham" published in "Heartbeats" by the Human Welfare Council in September 2013.
- Kavya PG of Under Graduate class won the second place in the essay writing competition organised by the Sahithya Academy at Thrissur on the 7th of January on Corruption and Power.
- Anitta S Cheeran and Kala Krishnan won the 1st and 2nd prizes respectively in the Interdepartmental Quiz Competition.
- Anaswara V and Kala Krishnan on UG English bagged the first and Greeshma N of Functional English got the 2nd prize for the Public Speaking Competition.
- ACTIVITIES 2014-15
- Environment Day was organised on June 5th, 2015, by planting a sapling and an orientation class.
- June 15th, 2015, English Association Inauguration and Cultural Award Ceremony of Anganam.
- Competition on Collection of Plastic waste - Interdepartmental, on 6 July 2015 winners of the competition were I prize III DC English and II prize II DC History
- PowerPoint Presentation Competition on Soil Conservation on July 7th, 2015
- Nature Photography Competition organised by the Department on 10th July 2015
- 17th July Visit to Old age Home at Kottapady by the students.
- Sand Art Competition was organised as a part of Sand Conservation Year on 21st July 2015.
- Eco Bag making Competition was organised as an Interdepartmental Competition on the 27th of July 2015
- Exhibition of Anti Plastic Home Made products in collaboration with NSS Unit 29th July 2015.
- Visited Madhura Sandeepani by the Students of III DC English and Functional English on August 14th 2015
- 10th September 2015 Interdepartmental Poster Making Event to Campaign on Protection of Nature and Resources.
- Nature Food Fest was conducted as a promotion for the National Seminar on 12th September 2015.
- September 17 and 18, 2015, UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Ecological Undertones in Literature and Popular Culture.
- September 17 and 18 My Earth Film Festival.
- Interdepartmental Caption Writing Competition was organised on October 9th 2015
- Vigilance Awareness Programme was organised in collaboration with Canara Bank on 28th October 2015
- Interdepartmental Competition on Public Speaking was organised on February 24th 2016
- Interdepartmental Vocabulary Hunt Competition was organised on 25th February 2016
1. Nandhana R received Best Short Story Award by Anganam Literary Association
2. Safa Hussain of II Year Functional English and Athira Shaji of III DC English received I place and III Place in PowerPoint Competition on Soil Conservation organised by St. Mary's College, Thrissur
3. Campus Edu Fest organised by John Mathai College, Sruthi Krishna of II DC English secured I place for Collage.
tHE DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH HOSTED A NOVEL COMPETITION ENABLING THE STUDENTS TO EXPRESS THEIR CREATIVE AND LITERARY STRAIN ALIKE. THE LIT ART COMPETITION, WHICH INVOLVED MAKING A 3D IMAGE OF ANY SCENE FROM ANY LITERARY WORK GATHERED MUCH ATTENTION AND PARTICIPATION.
MEDIA AND I
THE DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH HOSTED A DOCUMENTARY SCREENING AND TALK SHOW FOR THE STAFF AND STUDENTS OF THE COLLEGE IN RELATION TO SOCIAL MEDIA DAY ON 30-06-2016. THE PROGRAMME WAS DONE IN COLLABORATION WITH THE DEPARTMENTS OF MULTIMEDIA AND FUNCTIONAL ENGLISH. THE DOCUMENTARY PREPARED BY THE STUDENTS FEATURED THE IDEAS OF VARIOUS PEOPLE IN THE CAMPUS ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
THE DOCUMENTARY WAS LAUNCHED BY THE PRINCIPAL REV. SR.DR. THRESIAMMA DOMINIC. THE LAUNCHING WAS FOLLOWED BY A LIVELY AND ANIMATED TALK SHOW "MEDIA AND I". THE TALK SHOW HAD THE PARTICIPATION OF BOTH THE FACULTY AND STUDENTS.
Dept of English and Functional English organized III International Film Fest and National Seminar Colours on 13 th & 14th December 2017
Dept of English, Functional English in Collaboration with Green Books organized National Seminar Traversing Gender Identity on 12th February 2018
Dept of English, Functional English and Multimedia organized IV International Film Fest & two day National Seminar Lives Unmapped: Representations of the Refugee on 26th and 27th July 2018
Dept of English, Functional English and Zoology organized International Seminar Horizon of Hope:Can Survive on 27th June 2018
Dept of English organized one day workshop On and Of Theory on 5th November 2018 by Dr. Priya k Nair
Dept of English organized one day workshop Eunoia on 22nd June 2018
1. Dimensions of Resistance: Gender Issues in Contemporary India.
Title: Portrayal of Gender in "I know why the Caged bird sings" and "Bosom Friend".
Date: 7th January 2019.
College: Ansar Women's College.
1. On and off Theory - 5th November 2018.
1. Law Making in Postcolonial countries.
Date: 4th and 5th February 2019.
College: Christ University, Banglore.
2. Selected to the zonal level round of Speak for India
BILGY P B
On and Off Theory
Date: 5th November 2018.FEBA MARY BABU
Roll no. :24
1) On and Off theory
2) Colours National Seminar
Venue: Little Flower College, Guruvayoor
Natyadharmi Koodiyattam Festival of Kerala 2019
1. Aiswarya PP
2. Anisha Jaco
3. Aysha Farsath KY
4. Sreya KS
5. Siji K Wilson
6. Arathi Anand
7. Gayathri MR
3) REFUGEE -LIVES UNMAPPED -ALL STUDENTS OF Il DC ENGLISH
1) Participated in 'Dimensions of Resistance: Gender Issues in Contemporary India'
Name of the College : Ansar Women's College , Perumpilavu
CHRISTINA PAUL V.
1. On and of theory, department of English, Little flowers college -5th Nov 2018
2. Space and Science and Nano Science , Department of Physics, Little Flower College,11th October 2018.
- Taking Different: critiquing narratives and discourses.
Paper Title: "The marginalized groups of fishermen and their lives.
College: Govt. Art and Science College Chelakara, Thrissur.
Date: 5th Dec 2018.
- Dimentions of resistance : Gender Issues contemporary India.
Paper Title: Synge's "Islanders" and Hemingway's "Riders": Comparison.
Date: 7th January 2019.
College: Ansar women's college.
- Cultural and civilization :popular culture and its impacts on advertisement and popular politics.
Paper Title: The degrading lyrics in Hollywood music Albums; scrutinizing predicament in popular culture.
College: Sri. C. Achuthamenon Govt. College.
Date: 14th March 2019.
AISWARYA P P
1. On and Off Theory: Little Flower College Guruvayoor
2. Colours National Seminar: Little Flower College Guruvayoor
Colours National Seminar attended by all Students
GAYATHRI M R
1. ‘Misogyny and Feminism in Indian Cinema’ at Govt.Art and Science College Chelakkara, Thrissur on 5 Dec 2018 On Taking Different: Critiquing Narratives And Discourses
2. Presented a paper titled ‘Redefining Nagavalli and Ganga Nakulan: Societal Rules for Women’ at Mar Athanasius College,Kothamangalam, Ernakulam on 7th and 8th of February as a part of their National Seminar on Cinematic Imagination: Negotiating Gender and Sexuality.
3. Presented a paper titled ‘Reluctance of Mohiniyattam Towards Change, Moderating its Growth’ at Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady on 20th, 21st and 22nd February 2019 as a part of their National Seminar on Exploration of Theory and Praxis with special attention to Bharatanatyam and Mohiniyattam’.
4. Presented a paper titled ‘Influence of Popular Culture and Idolization on Dance Forms’ at Sri.C.Achuthamenon Government College, Thrissur on 14th March 2019 as a part of their National Seminar on ‘Culture and Civilization: Popular Culture and its Impact on Advertisement and Popular Politics.
1) Selected to the district level round of Speak for India
Anisha Jaco II DC English
Participation at Little Flower College, Guruvayoor
a) On and Off Theory
b) Colours National Seminar
Christina Paul V II DC English
- On and Off Theory (11th October )
- Taking Different Critiquing Narratives and Discourses: The Marginalised Group