Silpa Anand has been working as Assitant Professor in the department of english since 2012.She completed her MA and M.Phil from the university of Kerala.Her topic of research were Feminism and Psychology.Her Mphil Dessertation was entitled "Crime and detection :A study of select works of Agatha Christie"
MA in English and M.Phil from the university of Kerala
2 years as Assitant Professor at Little Flower College Guruvayoor.
Area of Interest
: Presently pursuing a Minor Research Project funded by the UGC On the topic : “ Confronting Cultural Erasure: Reinstating the Lost into the Psyche of Kerala.”
Publication & Paper Presentation
1. Presented the paper “ Psychology of Criminality and Detection in Agatha Christie.” At the UGC sponsored National Seminar “Literature and Psychology.” Held by Dept of English , Baselius College, Kottayam on 8th and 9th December, 2011.
2. Presented the paper “The Trauma of Loss :Lost Childhood as Depicted in Vladimir Nabokov’s Lolitha .” At the International Seminar “ Bona Salus.” Held by Dept of English, LF College, Guruvayoor on 13nd June 2014.
3. Presented the paper “Violated Childhood Depicted Onscreen: An Analysis of Deepa Mehta’s Water and Blessy’s Kaazcha.” At the UGC SPONSORED National Seminar “ Literature and Child Rights Issues: Socio Historical Perspective.” Held by Dept of History, LF College, Guruvayoor on 22nd July 2014.
Has published one article entitled “Echoing the Bard: Shakespearean Allusions in Animated Narratives.”
Seminar /Workshops / Refresher / Training Attended
- Participated in the Workshop on Research Methodology in Literature in English held at Mar Ivanious College, Trivandrum on 20th November 2009.
- Participated in the Seminar on Current Developments in English Language Teaching.” held at The Institute ofEnglish, Trivandrum on 6th February 2010.
- Participated in the National Seminar on Post Modern Ethical Criticism in the West and East with Special Reference to Emmanuel Levinas and M K Gandhi .” held at St. Thomas College, Kottayam , from 28th to 30th March 2012.
- Participated in the National Seminar on Post Colonial Literaturesand Theory: Issues and Concerns .” held at Government College, Kottayam , on 8th September 2012.
Professional Membership & Certification