In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure, Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of a institution's system and work towards realising the goals of quality enhancement. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions.
To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the College.
- Design and implementation of annual plan for Institution – level activities for quality enhancement
- Arrange for feedback responses from students for quality – related institutional processes .
- Development and Application of quality bench marks / parameters for the various Academic and Administrative activities of the Institution
- Retrieval of Information on various quality parameters of Higher Education and best practices followed by other Institutions
- Organization of workshops and seminars on quality – related themes and promotion of quality circles and institutions – wide dissemination of the proceeding of such activities
- Development and application of innovative practices in various programmes / activities leading to quality enhancement
- Participation in the creation of learner – centric environment conducive for quality education
- Work for the development of Internationalization and Institutionalization of quality enhancement policies and practices
- Act as a nodal unit of the Institution for augmenting quality – related activities
- Prepare focused annual quality assurance report (AQARs).
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
1. Chairperson: Head of the Institution
2. A few senior administrative officers
3. Three to eight teachers
4. One member from the Management
5. One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
6. One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
7. One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
The IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) of Little Flower College was established in the year 2002 after the accreditation of the college by NAAC. Since then it has been striving not only to maintain the existing quality but also to enhance the quality of the institution in every sphere of its activity. Its functions mainly include stimulation of the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning process and research in the college, conducting interdisciplinary staff paper presentations, submitting Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) at the end of every academic year to NAAC , coordinating the functions of the Choice-Based Credit System in the college, etc..