Welcome To Community College
Community Colleges are an alternative system of education which aims to empower individuals through appropriate skill development leading to gainful employment in collaboration with the local industry and community. The Little Flower College started one-year diploma course from the Academic year 201819 under National Standards Qualification Framework (NSQF). Under this programme University Grants Commission sanctioned three skill-oriented courses:
1. DIPLOMA IN PRINTING, BINDIND AND DESKTOP PUBLISHING.
2. DIPLOMA IN FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING AND TAXATION
3. DIPLOMA IN HORTICULTURE AND NURSERY MANAGEMENT.
Out of which two of them started, since there was no applicants for first one.There are two semesters for each course. This course is based on Credit Based Grading System. There is 60% weightage for Skill Compound and 40% for General Education Compound. Skill compound may be assessed by Sector Skill Council & General Education Compound will be assessed by concerned university.
The 12th Five Year Plan Document of the Planning Commission has laid a special emphasis on expansion of skill-based programmes in higher education. It recommends setting up of Community Colleges (CC) to serve multiple needs, including:
1. Career oriented education and skills to students interested in directly entering the workforce;
2. Contracted training and education programmes for local employers;
3. High-touch remedial education for secondary school graduates not ready to enroll in traditional colleges, giving them a path to transfer to three- or four-year institutions;
4. General interest courses to the community for personal development and interest.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) approved curricular of Diploma in Horticulture and Financial accounting under Community College Scheme. Rev. Dr. Sr. Philomena C F is nodal officer of these scheme. After completion one-year diploma in Horticulture and financial accounting of two semesters, students will get diploma in agriculture and Business field. Most students who enter the college for Horticulture from the farm agriculture background. Therefore, there are more chance for self-employment in their own land. After passing 12th class, any students from arts, commerce and science join for the diploma in horticulture. Those students were interested in the field of accounting and office job can choose in financial accounting for their carrier.
The college offers a chance to continue education hand on vocational skill to those who have completed plus two without any age bar.
Levels Offered (5 level)
Duration ( 1 year)
· Run one-year diploma courses.
· Job oriented.
· Under industrial collaboration.
· Complete hands on training.
· Employment assistance.
· Emphasis on Entrepreneurship.
To develop skilled workforce relevant to the need of the society and acceptable to the industry
• Eligibility – A pass in +2 or equivalent in any stream
• No age limits
• Women candidates are more promoted for this course.
• Only 50 seats in each programme
• Flexible working hours
• Ample job opportunities and scope for self-employment
• Leading institutions / industry collaborations for internship, training and placement
• Spacious classrooms with laboratory facilities
• Experienced faculty
• Guest Lectures of eminent scientists and industrial experts
• Hostel facilities for women
• Diploma Certificates issued as per UGC Guidelines
NSDC Assessment Completed:
• 2018-19 (Horticulture)