Completed Masters Degree in English Language and Literature from St. Thomas’ College, Thrissur under Univeraity of Calicut. Has been working as Assistant Professor in English at Little Flower College, Guruvayoor since December 2010 till date. Teaching and Research interest include Gender Studies, Cross Cultural Studies, Eco criticism etc. Currently doing a Minor Research Project entitled “REPRESENTATION OF WOMEN IN SOCIAL AND ETHNIC RELATIONS IN THE CONTEXT OF GLOBAL ETHNICITY” funded by UGC – XI plan. Has completed nearly six years of teaching experience both in post graduate and Under Graduate levels in reputed colleges, and presented papers in various National and International conferences. Has published articles in Peer reviewed, and referred Journals and proceedings.
- Qualified UGC NET in June 2008.
- M.A in English language and Literature under Calicut University from St.Thomas’ College, Thrissur in 2007.
- Working as Assistant Professor in English at Little Flower College Guruvayoor since December 2010 till date.
- Has worked as Guest Lecturer at St. Thomas’ College, Thrissur from July 2009 to November 2010.
- Has worked as Guest Lecturer at Vimala College, Cheroor, Thrissur from July 2008 to March 2009.
Area of Interest
- Culture Studies
- Film Studies
- Interdisciplinary Discourses
Undertaking a Minor Research Project in Humanities for the project entitled : “REPRESENTATION OF WOMEN IN SOCIAL AND ETHNIC RELATIONS IN THE CONTEXT OF GLOBAL ETHNICITY” funded by UGC – XI plan.
Publication & Paper Presentation
- Has published an article entitled “Beyond the Margins: From Oppression to Resistance the shifting Paradigms in Dalit writing: An analysis of Mahaswetha Devi’s Water, in the Peer Refereed Quarterly Inter Disciplinary Research Journal , Vol.III No. III September, 2013, ISSN 2249-6696.
- Has presented a paper entitled Beyond the margins: From Oppression to Resistance, An analysis of Mahaswetha Devi’s Water in the UGC sponsored National Seminar organized by Dept. of English, N. S. S College, Ottapalam on 25th and 26th august 2011.
- Has presented a paper entitled: The re- reading of Thenali Rama Tales in the context of socio linguistics at the UGC sponsored National seminar arranged by the Dept. of Malayalam, Little Flower College on 29th and 30th November 2012.
- Has presented a paper by the title The process of Trans creation: From the Gendered Subalterns to the Empowered Selves in the National seminar sponsored by the Govt. of Kerala, hosted by the Post Graduate Department of English, Govt. Victoria College, Palakkad on 3rd and 4th January 2013.
- Has presented a paper titled From an Expatriate to an Immigrant: The Indian Diaspora in Bharati Mukherjee’s Jasmine in the UGC sponsored National Seminar organized by the PG Department of English, St. Aloysius college, Elthuruth on 22nd and 23rd February 2013.
- Has presented a paper titled The Kali Myth Reincarnated: Indian Mythological perspectives in Bharathi Mukherjee’s Jasmine in the UGC sponsored National Seminar arranged by the Dept. of English, Sri vyasa N. S. S. College, Wadakanchery on 3rd and 4th September 2013.
- Has presented a paper entitled: Film Induced Tourism: The New Vistas of Destination Marketing in the 13th International Conference organized by Research Development Association and Research Develpoment Research Foundation ( IC- GBMTI) at Goa on 28th and 29th September 2013.
- Has presented a paper entitled: Humour and the Children’s world: The Unrestrainable Laughter in Dany Devito’s film Matilda in the International Humour Conference organized by Littcrit and UGC Area study Center for Canadian studies, University of Kerala on 6th to 8th December 2013.
- Has presented a research paper entitled: Filming the Painting: An Ekphrastic perspective of Peter Webber’s film Girl with a Pearl Earring at the UGC sponsored International Seminar organized by the PG Dept. of English , Vimala College, Thrissur on 9th and 10th January 2014.
Seminar /Workshops / Refresher / Training Attended
- Has attended a UGC supported Competence Building Programme for young college teachers at Little Flower College, Guruvayoor on 28th February & 1st March 2011.
- Has participated in Workshop on General Informatics sponsored by Kerala State higher Education Council, Govt. of Kerala organized by Little Flower College, Guruvayoor on 18th, 19th and 20th August 2011.
- Has attended National seminar on English language Learning and Information Technology conducted by the Research Centre, Department of English St.Thomas’ College, Thrissur on 13th March 2006.
- Has attended UGC sponsored National Seminar on Indian Writing in English organized by Research Centre and Post Graduate Department of English, St. Thomas College Thrissur on 18th and 19th January 2007.
- Has attended International Conference on Asian Theaters and the Western worlds: Culture, Alterity and Representation organized by C PRACIS and hosted by St.Thomas’ College, Thrissur on 12th an d13th January 2008.
- Has attended UGC sponsored National Seminar on Environmental Crisis – Challenges to Social work organized by the Department of Social Work, Vimala College Thrissur on 5thand 6th August 2008.
- Has compered and participated in the various sessions at the International Theatre Festival of Kerala (ITFOK) 2008, organized by the Sangeetha Nataka Academi from 22nd December 2008 to 31st December 2008.
- Has attended National Level Inter – Collegiate Seminar on Multimedia organized by Department of Computer Science, Vimala College, Thrissur on 22nd September 2008.
- Has participated twice in the Group Discusssion conducted by Yuvavani, All India Radio on Hero Worship, The impact of Advertisement on Youth on 6th February 2009 and 10th January 2010 respectively.
- Has attended the Film Workshop on Documentary and Community Radio organized by Chetana Film Institute under VIBGYOR Film Collective, Thrissur from 4th to 8th February 2009.
- Has attended All India Seminar on Linguistics and English Languages Education in a Bilingual Context: Issues and Challenges organized by DCE in DIET, Thrissur on 13th and 14th February 2009.
- Has attended Workshop on Research Methodology conducted by Department of Economics, Vimala College, Thrissur on 30th March 2009.
- Has attended International Conference on Rethinking Humanities in the age of visual organized by CPRACSIS, Thrissur on 27th and 28th June 2009.
- Has attended Workshop on Vocology conducted by the Research Committee, St.Thomas’ College, Thrissur on 15th March 2010.
- Has Participated in the Special Winter School Programme organized by UGC- Academic Staff College, University of Calicut at Dr. John Mathai Centre, Aranattukara from 27th November to 17th November 2013.
Professional Membership & Certification