The Institution lays immense thrust on
the unique and distinctive role it shoulders for Digitalizing Women
Empowerment benefiting the
society on the long run. The
College has its own distinct anthem and flag an emblem
embossed, identity card along with a unique style of Little Flowerian
greeting ‘ Have a nice day’ to highlight its situatedness and
belongingness in the sphere of its activity. The Institution has successfully implemented to equip our students meet challenge of the
· The Institution takes pride in strategizing and strengthening long term perspectives that advocates knowledge creation among young learners.
· The Institution foresaw great future in empowering women in the creative arena of multimedia and vocational courses cutting the barrier of gender for enterprising career with skill development exploring diverse fields advancing career options with basic degrees.
· The College keeps alive the vitality of a good vocation for women dropouts due to multifarious reasons through a Community college.
The Institution’s vision and mission envisages technology proficient skilled women power to create pragmatic and efficient workforce in the Nation. The Institution promises through its institutional values to exemplify national integration.
· The Madhyam-Kaushal-Prajnya a new age mantra promoted in the initial years of this millennium to empower women in creative arena of multimedia. The advent of technology and quantum progress of communication methodologies heralded niches in the intricacies of new media to young women learners.
The college took up Skill India initiative of central
government in opting for two UGC
funded Bachelor of Vocational
Courses and a Community college.
consolidation imparting this education created ambience for nuances in
technicalities of Communication vibrant in the campus. The formal Introduction of aided
post graduate course in multimedia under University of Calicut became an
occasion for celebration 2013 as the
first aided new age multimedia
postgraduate course in the state.
The beneficial cover of
Multimedia extended warmth of having infrastructural
resource readiness and a competed
pool of resource personal that
augment the Institution in digitalization.
The Departments of Multimedia,
Vocational Courses and Community College undertook the unique distinction of
designing the Curriculum for Multimedia,
B.Voc Courses and Community College for University of Calicut.
The Skilling Initiative of Central
Government through various courses primed in enriching students in soft skills and entrepreneurial outlook improving
their basic degrees for rewarding career options.
The UGC funded Bachelor of Vocational course in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Tourism and Hospitality Management provide opportunity to make a career along with undergraduate degrees.
The Institution was granted
opportunity to begin Community
College to support educational and entrepreneurial aspiration of dropout women helping them in continuing education breaking the barrier of stagnation.
The regular students of the institution too are extended with the
skilling initiative through Certificate
and Add on Courses to heighten their proficiency for career options.
The Department of Multimedia consistently placed
themselves ahead in their academics by securing
coveted ranks at the university level.
and the students of the Multimedia
have garnered national and state recognitions for their exemplary Media
enterprises as Photo designer, Video
editors and Channel Creators.
The Department secures notable
course results and placements. The
career opportunities in National and State
Channels as freelance workers justify the objective of the institution in empowering women in new age media.
College is a succor to the women in our locality to equip them in their
aspiration to gain economic empowerment.
PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED AND RESOURCES REQUIRED
The best practices of the Institution are an outcome of planning that the results to be attained by the Institute are exemplary in nature.
· The premier goal of nation building through quality, proficiency and social commitment assures a benchmark in the purpose outlined.
· The challenges of adequate mobilization of manpower and limitations of time constrain imposed by tight academic schedule as per the annual calendar hinder more elaborate activities for skilling and social extensions.
· The Students enjoy the experiential learning provided by the best practices where they stand to gain in the long run.
· The career competition and limitations due to familial concerns are the long term issues to be overcome with more soft skilling and care and support from the Institution and the society for the onward march of women empowerment.
The resources of manpower and finance
to be utilized can be preplanned for each academic year for an even distribution of the activities throughout the academic
· The Department of Multi Media created 9 Short Films in collaboration.
MOUs with Entertainment Medias with 73
projects and 28 internships.
Documentaries for external
agencies directed and produced by noted experts in the field.
The Vocational courses have evidence of success in the notable placements of its graduates.
The Institution holds annual International Film Fest in collaboration with Chethana
Media for the
past five years.
The Students and Faculty
have short films and documentaries on current affairs to their
· The faculty of the Department of Multimedia has a wild life photographer on its rolls training the students on environmental conservation photography, with a record of more than 100 rare photographs acknowledged through Newspapers and Social Media on migratory birds.